Sunday, March 1, 2015

All About My Community



I am from a city named Greenville. It is in South Carolina. I have lived here my entire life and I have seen it grow so much. I now never want to leave!

Greenville is highlighted in red.
South Carolina was originally settled by the English in 1663. Greenville used to be a cotton mill town. This means that there were lots of factories where they make fabric. Now Greenville is known for being a fun place to visit and live.

This is an old mill that is still in Greenville.
Greenville is in the foothills of the mountains of South Carolina in a mountain range called the Appalachian Mountains. (That means that we are near the Appalachian Mountains.)

The Appalachian Mountain stretch all the way up the eastern side of the United States.
Greenville has temperate climate. This means that we have four seasons, summer, fall, winter, and spring. During the winter it gets cold but it does not snow too much. (We did have snow this week!) During the summer it gets hot but it a fun time to go to the lake and swim.
This is Zoe in the snow. She loves playing in it



Lily loves playing outside during the summer


















One of my favorite places in Greenville is downtown. We have a pretty park called Falls Park. There is a bridge over a water fall which is part of the Reedy River. This river runs through Greenville. During the summer there are outdoor plays in the park and it is a pretty place to go and relax.

This is the waterfall in Falls Park
Here is a video that shows you around Greenville. You can see how pretty everything is.


I am a student at Furman University which is also in Greenville. It was founded in 1862. We are the oldest private university in South Carolina. It has a beautiful campus. One of my favorite places on campus is by our lake. I like to go read by the lake on a pretty day or go for a run around the lake.

This is the Furman lake known as Swan Lake.
That is just a little about my community! I cannot wait to learn all about yours.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Maddy did you put a New pictures❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️πŸŒπŸ¬πŸ¬πŸ™πŸ³

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddy I didn't post on your blog I missed you from Maddy have money πŸ’ΆπŸ’ΆπŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’΅πŸ’³

    ReplyDelete